The Village of Roselle is working with Sister Cities International to partner with Bochnia, Poland. A separate website is under development to promote this special relationship. Please visit www.RoselleSisterCities.org. A brief description of the program follows.
Sister Cities International is a non profit citizen diplomacy network creating and strengthening partnerships between U.S. and international communities in an effort to increase global cooperation at the municipal level, to promote cultural understanding, and to stimulate economic development.
The goals of Sister Cities International are to:
- Develop municipal partnerships between U.S. cities, counties, and states and similar jurisdictions in other nations.
- Provide opportunities for city officials and citizens to experience and explore other cultures through long-term community partnerships.
- Create an atmosphere in which economic and community development can be implemented and strengthened.
- Stimulate environments through which communities will creatively learn, work, and solve problems together through reciprocal cultural, educational, municipal, business, professional, and technical exchanges and projects.
- Collaborate with organizations in the United States and other countries which share similar goals.
To learn more about Sister Cities International, go to www.sister-cities.org